ONLINE PUBLICATIONS AND CONSULTING REPORTS:
- Consulting in Kundelungu and Upemba Parks Katanga/DRC (April - October 2012): BLOG Posts on the FZS Conservation Project DRC/Congo:
- ArcGIS - Web Map = http://www.arcgis.com/explorer/?open=f2291317d42d4af693274f82207350f6.
- BLOG posts below:
- eHealth + GISc Activities by CGIS-NUR/Africa & Misc. Partners. AfricaGIS October 27, 2009 Kampala/Uganda by Robert E. Ford, PhD, MPH Research Professor, CGIS-NUR and FINAL REPORT with IDRC/Canada- AfricaGIS--Health_GIS_AfricaGIS_Oct_09_short.ppt.
- Daniel Gonzalez-Socoloske, Leon D. Olivera-Gomez, Robert E. Ford. Detection of free-ranging West Indian manatees Trichechus manatus using side-scan sonar. ENDANGERED SPECIES RESEARCH. Vol. 8: 249–257, 2009.
- Lovich, R.E., T.S. Akre, M. J. Ryan, N.J. Scott, and R.E. Ford. 2006. Herpetofaunal survey of Cerro Guanacaure, Montaña La Botija and Isla Del Tigre protected areas in southern Honduras. Report prepared for the United States Agency for International Development. 33pp.
- DISTRIBUTION, HABITAT USAGE AND RELATIVE ABUNDANCE OF ANTILLEAN MANATEE (TRICHECHUS MANATUS MANATUS) ON THE NORTH COAST OF HONDURAS. This publication was produced for review by the United States Agency for International Development. It was prepared by the technical team Daniel Gonzalez-Socoloske, Saul R. Flores Rivera, Cynthia Taylor, and Robert E. Ford for International Resources Group (IRG).
- ROBERT E. LOVICH, THOMAS AKRE, MASON RYAN, SOFIA NUÑEZ,
GERARDO BORJAS, NORMAN J. SCOTT, SAUL FLORES,
WILBIRTH DEL CID,
ILEANA R. LUQUE-MONTES, ROBERT FORD. New Herpetofaunal Records from Southern Honduras. Herpetological Review, 2010, 41(1), 112–115. Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles.
- Wiley - GeoSystems Today: an Interactive Casebook (with James
ONLINE EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES:
- ESSE Design Guide - Results and lessons learned from 15 years work by 57 universities on Earth System Science Education NASA Project including work by myself and my students, e.g. see for instance under INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCES:
Select Resources from the ESSE21 Project in Honduras and Belize:
- The Great Salt Lake Ecosystem Virtual Tour >
it is being moved to new site and updated
- Redlands University - Latin American Studies course materials (also being revised and updated):
- ESSC 575 - Field Practicum: Applied Earth System Science > materials being rebuilt from move from previous site = http://resweb.llu.edu/rford/. Please be patient while I rebuild it.
SELECT PROFESSIONAL PRESENTATIONS:
- Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI): it’s Role in Building the Knowledge Economy in Rwanda. Special Invited Plenary Lecture – Series on Building the Knowledge Economy in Rwanda, Kigali Institute of Management, September 1-2, 2009 Kigali, Rwanda.
- Scholarly Writing for Journal Publication. Robert E. Ford, by Research Professor and Adviser. CGIS-NUR. Kigali, Rwanda June 4, 2009. Kigali Institute of Management Lecture Series.
- Sustainability vs. Development: Oxymoron or Ideal for Today? Contemporary Definitions, Issues, Trends, and Challenges. Pine Springs Ranch SDA Forum Keynote Speech. May 2-4, 2008: keynote speaker at the 10th annual retreat of the San Diego Chapter of the Adventist Forum with Spectrum Magazine. Presentations on Global Sustainability and Creation Care.
- Using GIS/RS/GPS for SDI Capacity-building, PA and CZ Management in Northern Mesoamerica:The Loma Linda University's (LLU) and University of Redlands (UR) Experience. GSDI_10 St. Augustine, Trinidad.
- EPI (Environmental Performance Indicators) for Abu Dhabi Links to Strategic and Business Planning at EAD - Robert Ford. AGEDI Phase II 2008.
- Using GIS/RS/GPS for SDI Capacity-building, PA and CZ Management in Northern Mesoamerica: The Loma Linda University’s (LLU) and University of Redlands (UR) Experience.. GSDI-10 St. Augustine, Trinidad. February 2008.
- Mesoamerica and Honduras from Space--the ESSE21 Program
- A Cultural Ecologist Looks Back: Studies of Land Degradation and Change-- Burkina Faso 1910s-2003 - Report of Original Field Research.
- Population-Environment Interactions in Rwanda - Report on 25 years of Research in Rwanda
- Global Food Security - Report to ADRA Conference,
- Geographic Information for Sustainable Development: Report on the WSSD Events in 2002/Johannesburg, South Africa
- Who Needs SDI? - Presentation at CIESIN Conference, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory.
TOP OF PAGE
Last Revised: November 3, 2012